Price Related Questions
1. What is the cost of land?
A square meter price is 6$ and it can differ a bit depending on several criteria used like location of neighborhood, land type (cultivated or empty).
1. What does agricultural project management mean? what services are offered in the land management process?
The company can manage the project for a specific period for 20% of the net profit and may include other multiple tasks the most significant of which being caring for and harvesting the crops and finally distribution and sales of the produce.
1. What crops can be planted on the purchased land?
There is a variety of fruits and crops to choose from that can be invested in with the most significant of those being Walnuts, Blueberry, Almond, Kiwi, Olive, Cherries and Grapes.
2. Why is walnut cultivation considered to be amongst the most profitable agricultural investments?
Due to the growing demand for walnuts both locally and internationally, distribution of its produce is eased. The Walnut is also in the category of trees that only need to be planted once or twice yearly like other seasonal crops and has a very easy storage process compared to other crops.
In addition, the Chandler walnut trees bloom in April/March, after the end of the frost season, which leads to an increase in the tree’s production rate and thus increases the production and profits of the entire project.
3. Can I purchase an area of land less than 170000 square meters if I only want an empty land?
Yes, but conditionally. An investor can purchase less than 170000 square meters of unplanted land but with the condition that they must plant at least 10000 square meters and they could utilize the rest of the area for other purposes like planting alfalfa
4. What are the steps required to start an agricultural investment Project
First, select the land that suits you as an investor putting into consideration your preferences and budget, by inquiring about the range of offers available.
Second, visit and inspect the site yourself.
Third, ratify contract with the company lawyer.
Fourth, transfer of ownership to the new investor.
Fifth and last, start the Investment process with a detailed pre-arranged and studied
5.What are the most profitable agricultural crops to invest in?
One of the most rewarding agricultural investments is walnut cultivation, as it has several significant investment advantages like having the lowest risks to requiring the least effort and carrying the highest profits.
6.Which are the best cities to own land in?
Many cities in Turkey are known for being good places to acquire land, with the most notably: Denizli.
Government Related Info
1. Is there any governmental support offered by the Turkish government to foreign agricultural investors?
Yes, the Turkish government provides necessary support for both Turkish and foreign investors which is done with specific conditions and programs. Two of those support programs include Tashwiq and the second being IPARD.
2. What is the number of people that are allowed to get the title deed (Tapu)?
Under Turkish law, only one individual is entitled to obtain the title deed and in the event that more than one individual needs to own a piece of land together, they must first establish a corporation and register the land under the name of the Shared corporation.
3. Which are the cities that have been specified by Turkish regulations for foreign investment support program and where should I invest in order to get the support from the government?
There are multiple cities and regions that have been designated by Turkish law for the foreign investment support program those areas include: afyonkarahisar, Agri, Aksaray, Amasya, Ankara, Erzurum, Aydin, Balikesir, Bodrum, Bursa, Kirikkale, Cankiri, Corum, Denizli, Diyarbakir, Elazig, Erzincan, Hatay, Sanliurfa, kars, Karaman, Konya, Trabzon, Usak, Manisa, Yozgat, Mardin, Kutahya, Malatya, Kastamonu, Kahramanmaras, Isparta, Mersin, Mus, Nevsehir, Samsun.
4. What are the conditions that must be met in order to be granted the Turkish government's agricultural investment support program?
• The foreign investor must establish a limited company using a capital of 100000 Turkish lira and must also register the Investment Project under the company’s name
• The Investor must purchase agricultural land with a minimum area of 10000 square meters and register it under the company.
• The Purchased land geographical location must be within the borders of specified cities by Turkish law in order to be granted the government’s support.
• Extending a power cable from the main station to the project site.
• The investor must also connect the power cable from the main supply station to the project site The Investor must also facilitate water supply within the borders of their agricultural land.
5. How much time is required for land ownership transfer?
The process may take between 1 and 2 months to carry out and it includes time needed to gather, approve and translate all necessary legal documents.
6. What is the minimum area of land that a foreigner can own if the land is empty or cultivated?
A single foreigner or foreign entity has the right to own a minimum land area of 170000 square meters if the land is empty and in the event which land is cultivated they can own a minimum area of 10000 square meters.
7. What are the types of title deeds (Tapu) in existence, and is there a special title deed required for agricultural lands?
As per Turkish government regulations, there are two kinds of title deeds, the first being Red Tapu which is designed for the ownership of apartments or plots that are intended for property building. The other form is blue Tapu which is designed for the ownership of agricultural lands where cultivation or animal husbandry investment projects can be established.
8. Can the Investor put up buildings on the land after owning it?
Yes, the Investor has the right to build on the property but is limited to only 5% of the agricultural total land area
9. In the event an investor is unable to acquire residency in Turkey, how will the land be moderated?
Different investors are permitted to manage their lands by themselves but in the event that they cannot relocate to Turkey our company offers all the required support to run and manage the land in accordance to both legal and agreed-upon terms and conditions with the Investor.
Yes. Buying land grants foreigners the opportunity to apply for Turkish citizenship as long as the land value is 250000 dollars or more. However, land ownership does not grant a real estate residency permit.
10. Will the land be passed down under inheritance in case of the owner’s demise?
In the event that the land owner dies, land is inherited under Turkish law.
11. Which individual has the right to own land and invest in Turkey?
Previously, the Law’s purpose was to check if the foreign investor’s country-oforigin permits Turkish ownership in it which was referred to as “reciprocity” principle. It was revoked in the legal amendments of Article 35 of the Land Registry law in 2012 and instead the Turkish cabinet was granted the right to decide which countries’ citizens can own property in Turkey when it deems suitable. Currently all nationalities can buy land in Turkey apart from Syrians, Yemenis and North Koreans
12. What is the size of land a foreigner can own in Turkey?
If the land is cultivated, a foreigner can own a minimum land area of 10000 square meters and a maximum of 300000 square meters and if the land is empty then the permitted land area starts from 170000 square meters.
Ask Questions With Us
quickly as possible.